If you have a vintage Marshall, then you know what this is. I recently came across a fellow who had a few Bulgin plugs for sale, all NOS (new old stock). I bought all he had and decided to make up a few of these for the vintage Marshall fans like me who are into these wonderful old amps. I put a cable together using some high quality (Sommer) power cable an audio grade (Wattgate) plug and the Bulgin, and have been very pleased with the results.
I’ll spare you the marketing copy, but it you’re cranking a 50 or 100 watt Marshall (attenuated or not), and using an inexpensive 18AWG power cable, you’re missing out. I have a ’69 JMP50 and can hear the difference. If you don’t agree, just send it back! I only have a few of these, and when they’re gone they’re gone. Contact me for custom lengths.
Here’s the 411:
- 8′ Sommer SC-Rubberflex audio grade cable with heavy duty Polychloroprene rubber jacket
- (3) 15 AWG rubber insulated conductors
- Genuine NOS Bulgin connector
- Audio grade Wattgate 5266i 125VAC/15A connector
- Conductor ends tinned with Cardas Audio 4% Silver Solder for maximum conductivity
- Lifetime Warranty & Assembled in USA