Cutthroat Audio’s Sparkle Dun Instrument Cable is a low capacitance cable that delivers a pleasing, clean and very neutral sounding signal to your amp. Slightly “warmer” in tone that the Royal Wulff, the Sparkle Dun pairs up very nicely with single coils, and bright humbuckers. It will also “smooth” out a guitar whose tone is excessively sterile or edgy.
The Sparkle Dun is one of the lower capacitance instrument cables available, based on published specs. So why does capacitance matter? Well, the short version is that excessive capacitance in a cable diminishes the higher frequencies before they can get to your amp. Think of it in terms of always having your guitar’s tone knob always rolled off a little too much. That high cap cable you’ve been using can make your amp sound like somebody threw a wet blanket over it!
Check out the Sparkle Dun specs:
- SOMMER SC-Spirit XXL cable featuring a transparent smoke colored, high quality PVC jacket
- Low capacitance of 26 pF per foot
- Copper mesh + conductive carbon screen for 100% shielding coverage, maximum interference reduction, and zero handling noise
- PE (Polyethelene) foam dialectic conductor insulation for maximum signal transmission
- G&H’s copper core connectors; Quiet Plug™ at guitar end + “High Clarity” plug at amplifier end
- Cardas Audio 4% Silver Solder used for maximum conductivity
- Heavy duty, 3:1 Polyolefin heat shrink for extra durability and strain relief
- Lifetime Warranty & Assembled in the USA