Cutthroat Audio’s Royal Humpy Instrument Cable is a stout, extremely low capacitance cable that delivers an incredibly clear, neutral signal to your amp. The construction and materials used were selected with the studio environment in mind. As a result, you’ll notice it’s a little less flexible than a typical cable. That being said, this is quite simply a beautiful sounding cable. It works exceptionally well with humbuckers and bass guitars. The Royal Humpy will also noticeably brighten up a darker sounding guitar.
With a capacitance of only 17 pF/ft, the Royal Humpy is one of the lowest cap cables on the market. Only it’s Professional Series cousin the Royal Wulff is lower, and then only by 1 pf/ft. So why does capacitance matter? Well, the short version is that excessive capacitance in a cable diminishes the higher frequencies before they can get to your amp. Think of it in terms of always having your guitar’s tone knob always rolled off a little too much. That high cap cable you’ve been using can make your amp sound like somebody threw a wet blanket over it!
Check out the Royal Humpy specs:
- Van Damme Silver Series Session Grade Lo-Cap 55 cable with heavy duty, clear PVC jacket compound
- Specifically engineered for the studio environment
- Extremely low capacitance of 17 pF/ft (!)
- Silver plated ultra pure 99.99% Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) conductor
- Silver plated ultra pure 99.99% Oxygen FreeCopper (OFC) mesh + conductive carbon screen for 100% shielding coverage, maximum interference reduction and zero handling noise
- Foamed Polyethelene (PE) dialectic conductor insulation for maximum signal transmission
- G&H’s copper core connectors; Quiet Plug™ at instrument end + “High Clarity” plug at amplifier end
- Cardas Audio 4% Eutectic Silver Solder used for maximum conductivity
- Heavy duty, 3:1 Polyolefin heat shrink for extra durability and strain relief
- Lifetime Warranty & Assembled in USA