Cutthroat Audio’s Royal Wulff Instrument Cable is a robust, extremely low capacitance cable that delivers a crisp, clean, neutral signal to your amp. This is simply a beautiful sounding cable, especially with humbuckers and bass guitars. It can also brighten up a guitar whose tone is a bit too dark, or lacking in high end.
The Royal Wulff is the lowest capacitance instrument cable available, based on published specs. So why does capacitance matter? Well, the short version is that excessive capacitance in a cable diminishes the higher frequencies before they can get to your amp. Think of it in terms of always having your guitar’s tone knob always rolled off a little too much. That high cap cable you’ve been using can make your amp sound like somebody threw a wet blanket over it!
Check out the Royal Wulff specs:
- SOMMER SC-Spirit LLX “Low Loss” with heavy duty, twist-proof PVC jacket compound
- Extremely Low capacitance of 16 pF/ft (!)
- Double shielded using copper mesh + conductive carbon screen for 100% shielding coverage, maximum interference reduction and zero handling noise
- Gas-injected foam PE (Polyethelene) dialectic conductor insulation for maximum signal transmission
- G&H’s copper core connectors; Quiet Plug™ at guitar end + “High Clarity” plug at amplifier end
- Cardas Audio 4% Eutectic Silver Solder used for maximum conductivity
- Heavy duty, 3:1 Polyolefin heat shrink for extra durability and strain relief
- Lifetime Warranty & Assembled in USA