SFZ Prism™ cabs are currently discontinued.
So what’s a Sforzando? The Sforzando (sfz) is a musical notation used to indicate a strong, sudden accent on a note or chord. It literally means subito forzando (fz), which translates to “suddenly with force.”
Adverb & Adjective:
- with sudden emphasis (especially as a direction).
- a sudden or marked emphasis.
Well, it’s also the name for Cutthroat Audio’s innovative new line of speaker cabs. But for simplicity’s sake, how about we just call them SFZ’s?
The SFZ™ Prism/112™ is a lightweight, side-ported speaker cabinet. Unique to the SFZ Prism™ cabinets are the ASD™ (adjustable sound deflector) panels inside the cab that allow you to fine tune the ASD™ panels for optimal sound dispersion. Because what might sound phenomenal with a Celestion Cream, may not be the optimal setting for a Scumback M75. Traditional closed-back cab designs can be directional and have a tendency to “beam”. The SFZ Prism/112’s ASD™ panels provide for a much wider dispersion of sound around the cab, and give it an almost “3D” type of character and feel. The cab’s panels are CNC machined, significantly weight relieved and assembled with the highest quality wood adhesives. All this results in an incredibly robust sounding, strong, and surprisingly lightweight speaker cab. Here’s an overview of the SFZ Prism/112™ specs:
- 22W x 16H x 14D
- SFZ Prism™ ASD™ (adjustable sound deflector) panels (Patent Pending)
- CAD designed with CNC machined panels
- Cabinet grade 13 and 9-ply voidless Baltic Birch plywood throughout
- Extensively weight-relieved while maintaining structural integrity; just 26 lbs. unloaded
- Interlocking miter joints for exceptionally strong corners
- Audiophile-grade Kimber 4VS™ speaker cable harness and PureTone™ input jacks
- Flush-mounted hardware
- Retractable kickstand
SFZ Prism™ cabs are available in a wide range of tolex and grille cloth options. They can also be shipped with virtually any commercially available speaker installed at an additional cost. Please call or email with questions on colors, materials and speaker options.
SFZ Prism™ cabs are custom built to order. Please allow approximately 8 weeks for your cab to be built and shipped.